Skip to main content

Cruise 2022?

Given the problems with cruising at the start of the pandemic, I expect a lot of people have decided to take a back seat and let it pass for a while.

I have seen a few programmes on the TV where river cruising has been the main subject.  Either the Rhine or the Danube.  Both look attractive if not a little pricey.

As with most things it is cheaper to go outside the school holidays.  As I work in Education I have a contract that means I have school holidays off. That is really good as I finish in late July and go back in early September after a long summer.  Of course, I get paid less than I used to when I was on a 52-week contract with paid leave.

Claire is already retired and able to go at any time.  I retire on 23rd December 2021.  Unless the Government changes it again I am a wage slave a little longer!

So it makes sense to look at cruises and holidays in 2022 when it will be cheaper outside the tie of the school holiday system!

Where to go? I like the idea of the Danube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog moved to Travellerspoint

I decided that trying to maintain different platforms for the blog(s) was getting difficult to maintain and so I have decided to move all the travel blogs to Travellerspoint. All the vehicle specific blogs such as "Suzi Triplo" will stay in Blogger. Only any that are travel oriented such as "Cruising" and "Devall Travel" have been given up and entries in future will be in  The new home of Devall Travels . Travellerspoint

Blog Paused

With no cruising on the cards for years, if at all, I have decided to pause this blog.  To maintain it, I have backed up the posts and imported them into Devall Travel . Covid continues to ruin our lives and those of the poor bastards that are affected by the virus and those that have died.  Thinking about a cruise pales into insignificance.

It's Ålesund

After breakfast left the ship and have come across to look at the Ålesund Museum. It's a short walk if you see the signs but longer if you trust the map. Nice little museum. Now across the street in a cafe with a coffee where there is WiFi. posted from Bloggeroid